Sardonyx is an online solution to transform how high school students and teachers use technology to manage workloads. Sardonyx offers a cross-platfrom experience for all its users, through its mobile and web platforms.
The web application offers a group tasklist accessible by both teachers and students. Students and teachers benefit from the transparency of the workload, organized by due dates, subjects, and task categories. Each task on the list can be given a detailed description.
The mobile application offers students and teachers a native experience in managing their online learning environment.
Sardonyx is a CAS project, which is part of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. This project is planned, designed, developed, tested, and operated by two high school students. Adhering to the principles of CAS, Sardonyx is provided completely free of charge. For more information about CAS projects, visit the International Baccalaureate Organization's website.
Recently, there has been rapid development of new web technologies that facilitate the development of sophisticated web applications like Sardonyx. However, modernization comes at a cost of dropping support for legacy web browsers, like Internet Explorer. Although Sardonyx would like to support browsers used by all users, this difficult task would require an unrealistic amount of time and effort. Like many web apps have done, Sardonyx has decided to support various browsers realistically. This means that there will be varied levels of support for different browsers.
The below list shows the current level of support for popular browsers. Sardonyx recommends users to use the newest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for the most stable experience.
- Google Chrome (newer versions) - fully supported
- Mozilla Firefox (newer versions for Windows and MacOS) - fully supported
- Mozilla Firefox (Linux) - scroll bars may not render properly but otherwise supported
- Apple Safari (newer versions) - fully supported
- Microsoft Edge - scroll bars will not render properly but otherwise supported
- Internet Explorer (version 11) - various parts of the application will not render properly, but the application is functional
Above information is as of April 2019.